Friday, January 18, 2013

Respect the Office of the Presidency

I am astonished by the pure, personal hatred many U.S. citizens viciously express toward President Obama. Although I disagreed with most of President George W. Bush's policies, I never attacked him personally or in a disrespectful manner. Nor did I support those who did so. In fact, I often stated that, although I disagreed with him, I respected his continuing commitment to his principles. Those who continue to spew untruths and hate language about President Obama are behaving foolishly. Their continuing disrespect for him also disrespects the office of the Presidency. Their low-mindedness indicates they have no reasonable criticisms with which to disagree with him. They negate their input. I cannot even consider their positions as it appears to come from a fools. They immediately become irrelevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment